the things i do for love.
TUESDAY 8/19: Ferguson PD presented a table full of fabricated evidence at this morning’s press conference - allegedly seized from protestors and stopped cars. The Colt 45 Molotov with a white bandana was the crowning glory, turns out you can’t even buy glass 40’s in Missouri. Stay classy, FPD
I seriously think white supremacist are coming in the area to frame the protesters, but it could just be the cops
Nah I think that’s exactly what’s going on.
Actually this what’s going on, the KKK was passing out bombs to white anarchists abd posing as protestors so yeah that’s not you being paranoid that is legit happening, and Black folks have been taking the blame for their violence.
But if you’re gonna try to frame people the least you can do is read the fucking law in respect to that state or county. This is so blatantly stereotypical, “those Blacks, they drink beer, yeah malt liquor will do the trick.” White people so transparent.
19. August 201457,302 notes
why THE FUCK is no one talking about this
why isnt this on the news
we all know the reason why. stop the bullshit.
And this shit happened on May 18…MAY 8-FUCKING-TEENTH!
I read the article and this honestly makes me so fucking angry. I encourage all my followers to reblog the shit out of this. Share it on your Facebook and Twitter, too.
Please spare some time for Darren Rainey. This is a horrific brutality against a human being that is being swept under the rug by most media.
19. August 2014119,472 notes
19. August 2014165 notes
For more than a decade – from the mid 1950s until the late 1960s – conservatives systematically and strategically linked opposition to civil rights legislation to calls for law and order, arguing that Martin Luther King Jr.’s philosophy of civil disobedience was a leading cause of crime.
[Image: a series of tweets by justified agitator (@Awkward_Duck) on August 19, 2014.
1:23 AM: We literally laid in someone’s backyard for what seemed like an eternity while tanks rolled down the streets #Ferguson
1:26 AM: I’m live tweeting because there’s a media blackout. #Ferguson
1:33 AM: I’m so shaken. They’re literally just rolling around throwing tear gas into neighborhoods-not aggressive crowds. #Ferguson
1:34 AM: I was pouring milk over one guys eyes when they came back around and threw another at us. #Ferguson
1:51 AM: Let me repeat, THEY ARE GASSING NEIGHBORHOODS not crowds of protestors.There was only a few of us walking. there is no curfew, so why?]
19. August 201464,433 notes
This is the incident report that the Ferguson police just produce. Now if you don’t know, this morning they FINALLY named the killer of Michael Brown as Darren Wilson. Along with naming Darren as the killer, the Ferguson police are now trying to link Michael Brown with a robbery that happened supposedly MOMENTS before.
Michael was killed at 12:01 and this robbery was at 11:54.
There are so many questions.
- We’ve seen the surveillance photos they’ve produced that shows someone who looks like Michael being aggressive with a store owner over an apparent box of swishers. (If you don’t know, Swishers are cigar papers you can pick up for like…2 for .50.
- They are saying that Officer Darren Wilson was responding to that robbery.
- They are calling it an STRONG ARMED ROBBERY
- A strong armed robbery is using, involving, or threatening the use of physical force or violence to gain an objective:
- Okay, got that bullshit out of the way
- The dispatch tapes that were released mention NOTHING ABOUT A ROBBERY.
- NOT ONE WORD
- THE ONLY THING MENTIONED WAS A SHOOTING AND REQUEST FOR CROWD CONTROL.
- THAT’S IT
- So how did Officer Wilson FIND OUT about the robbery?
- They’ve now listed Dorian Johnson (THE ONLY OTHER EYEWITNESS WHO WAS THERE) as the second accomplice to the robbery.
- The same Dorian Johnson who has been trying (in vain) to talk with the Ferguson Police Department about Michael’s Death since LAST SATURDAY.
- So this man who is this SECOND SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY CASE IS PLEADING WITH YOU AND IS ALL OVER NATIONAL NEWS AND YOU ARE REFUSING TO SEE HIM. BUT HE’S A SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY. OKAY
- When Officer Wilson sees both Michael and Dorian his initial reaction was "GET THE FUCK ON THE SIDEWALK."
- Not any kind of reaction dealing with them being robbery suspects.
- From some of the pictures (I’m not going to post them due to the family’s wishes) if you compare the footage from the store and the footage from Michael’s death, he’s swapped from Nike sandals to Sneakers. This red hat cannot be found (this is speculation).
- If the reason Office Wilson approached them was because they were suspects in an robbery WHY DIDN’T HE CALL IT IN? WHY DIDN’T HE FOLLOW PROCEDURE? WHY WOULD HE ROLL UP ON ROBBERY SUSPECTS IN HIS VEHICLE? WHY DID IT TAKE 6 DAYS FOR THIS TO BE ANNOUNCED?
I implore you. IMPLORE YOU to take a look into the presented facts of the case. This is just an incident report, we do not have access to the investigative report. There has been no reports presented of Michael’s autopsy and this report is contradictory of the second eye witnesses report.
None of this makes sense.
They are putting Michael on trial to dehumanize him, villify him, to make him less human to justify his murder.
And at the end of the day, LET’S JUST SAY MICHAEL DID DO THIS…is petty theft (it was like 5 swisher sweets they say. That’s a two dollars and fifty cents) IS HIS MURDER, HIS EXECUTION, THIS UNARMED SURRENDING TEENAGE BOY, justified by this?
This is murder. Don’t let them put Michael on trial for HIS DEATH.
15. August 201485,283 notes
Seriously guys, please spread the word about this petition.
SIGN THIS because:
• cops think that Mike Brown’s life was worth less than the $3 candy bar he supposedly stole
• one white person can cry about a cop killing their dog and get a law passed requiring officers to undergo additional training to handle dogs
• but every 28 hours a black person is killed by police
• and yet at least one million dissenting voices will be required to be heard by the US government
A celebrity’s death is heard by the government. It shouldn’t take a million signatures for this. Do it anyway.
12. August 201458,793 notes
First female black student-president at nation’s most expensive prep school is forced to resign after ‘offensive’ photographs of her mocking ‘typical white classmates’ emerge online
The former black student body president at a pricey New Jersey prep school was forced to resign from her leadership position earlier this year after she posted a series of photos on the Internet, in which she is seen dressed as what she describes to be the typical male, white student at the school.
In the photos, former Lawrenceville School Student Body President Maya Peterson is seen wearing L.L. Bean duck boots, a Yale University sweatshirt and is holding a hockey stick, which she says is representative of the typical ‘Lawrenceville boi.’
In addition to the photos, she added hashtags like ‘#romney2016,’ ‘#confederate,’ and ‘#peakedinhighschool.’
Peterson explains that the photos were meant as a joke in response to complaints made by students about her senior photos, in which she and 10 friends - all of whom were black - are seen raising their fists in a ‘Black Power’ salute.
'I understand why I hurt people’s feelings, but I didn’t become president to make sure rich white guys had more representation on campus,' she told the website. 'Let’s be honest. They’re not the ones that feel uncomfortable here.'
Some of Peterson’s classmates, however, didn’t see the humor in her ‘racist’ photos.
'You’re the student body president, and you’re mocking and blatantly insulting a large group of the school’s male population,' one student commented on the photo.
Peterson’s response to the comment only made things worse.
'Yes, I am making a mockery of the right-wing, confederate-flag hanging, openly misogynistic Lawrentians,' Peterson responded. 'If that’s a large portion of the school’s male population, then I think the issue is not with my bringing attention to it in a lighthearted way, but rather why no one has brought attention to it before…'
Both students and faculty members felt the images were offensive, and that ‘it was not fitting of a student leader to make comments mocking members of the community,’ Dean of Students Nancy Thomas told the Lawrenceville student paper.
Peterson’s take on race has irritated her classmates in the past, as well.
In 2012, following the re-election of President Barack Obama, Peterson wrote on Facebook about how proud she was that an African-American was president - and threw in a sarcastic jab at white people.
'As a black and Latino, gay woman in the United States of America, today is a momentous day,' she wrote. 'I’m sorry to all the rich white men who have failed to elect a president that endorses their greed.'
Some of her classmates felt the Facebook post was racist.
'I’m gonna have to assume from your political beliefs and what you’ve said that you do not pay for your Lawrenceville tuition in its entirety,' one student wrote. 'But do you know who pays for that? Yeah, that would be all those greedy white men who actually worked for their fortune, not relied on the government to support them. Just saying.'
Peterson’s family paid full tuition at the school.
Peterson’s getting elected student body president worried many of her classmates, as they believed she was alienating a large portion of the student body with her controversial comments about white classmates
One former student said Peterson’s photos - and overall attitude, ‘violated the spirit of the Lawrenceville community.’
'It was hateful. It wasn’t inclusive,' the student, identified only as David, said. 'When I think of Maya Peterson, I don’t think of someone who is an avid proponent of progress or of inclusiveness. I think of someone who is hateful. She had a hateful spirit.
Lord look at this madness
I SUPPORT MAYA PETERSON!!!!
I have never felt more love for someone that I have never met than I do for this young woman. I thought she would apologize but in the boldness of her reasoning I saw no lies.
Maya Paterson for some public office in the future? Presidency maybe..
Blackface African parties: Silence
Native American mocking parties-Silence
Urban Black culture mocking parties-Silence
Black woman with a hockey stick-OMG REVERSE RACISM!!!
I honestly believe she was making a point and their reaction made her point perfectly.
MAYA PETERSON 2016!
01. July 201468,328 notes